Food Allergy PAL™ Day:
Steps to Success
Before the Big Day
1. Choose the attire for the day: pajamas, crazy hat, Hawaiian shirts, or even a casual dress day for private schools.
2. Pick a date that is convenient for you to hold the event.
3. Decide on a donation amount to participate. We suggest between $2 and $5 per person.
4. Encourage involvement in Food Allergy PAL™ Day by:
- Handing out and hanging up the PAL™ Day flyer (.pdf ~313kb) at your child’s school, after-school activity
groups, sports teams, local grocers and other stores
- Sending e-mails and including information about your event in your e-mail signature
- Submitting the event to school announcements and newsletters, even local newspaper community event listings
5. Download the Be a PAL™ certificate and make enough copies for everyone in the school to have one if they participate.
On the Big Day
1. Dress the part!
2. Collect donations and distribute Be a PAL™ stickers and certificates.
3. Take pictures of kids dressed to Be a PAL™.
After the Big Day
1. After the event, count up the donations and write one check for the amount raised (payable to FAAN). Mail the check, donation form, and unused stickers to FAAN.
2. Thank all friends, students, teachers, and others who participated.
3. Begin planning for next year!
If you need additional materials or have any questions, please contact FAAN at (800) 929-4040 or PALDay@foodallergy.org.